This is based on the recipe ioannab gave me, except that I have made it cook for longer at a lower temperature.
- 3 oz margarine (I have found 'Buttery Flora' or 'Pure Sunflower' both work well)
- 3 oz unrefined dark brown cane sugar
- 4 oz rolled oats
- oven pre-heated to 190 degrees
- mix margarine and sugar together
- mix oats in
- put gloop in greased baking tin
- cook for 20 minutes
- take out, make incisions while it is still hot
- wait for it to cool down and solidify
- then remove the flapjacks according to the incisions made earlier
ioannab has sent me her recipe for Cheese Shortbread, which is likely to be my next baking project.