back home now. will write long update tomorrow. briefly -
- wearing steel toe-cap boots through metal detectors is a bad idea
- apfelwein (frankfurt/hesse cider) is bitter but palatable. for some reason, it is offered diluted as well as neat. when i drank some at the funfair i was mocked as if they could not believe a foreigner would have neat apfelwein. this would make sense except it tastes quite weak.
- some wikipedians aren't geeks!
- a crazy man wants to start up sign language wikipedias, featuring video footage of people signing articles. this i think will be very interesting to edit!
- tlh.wikipedia.org has a limited life expectancy
- richard stallman is still mad
- i should make openid support for mediawiki
- jimbo can dance.